This course is designed for healthcare organizations that want to enhance and improve their employees’ skills for effective health behavior change.
The Health Behavior Change course is designed to help you:
- Increase patient engagement in health behavior change
- Understand the Personal Health Planning process including:
- Explore intersection of patient self-assessment with medical recommendations
- Create measurable and meaningful patient goals
- Follow-up with patient action on goals over time
- Identify strategies to support patient ongoing success and close a series of health behavior change visits
- Identify resources to implement Personal Health Planning in practice
The Health Behavior Change Practicum
is designed to help you:
- Apply patient engagement skills, the Personal Health Planning
The entire training takes place online and by telephone. There are no required textbooks or other materials.
You will minimally need a desktop or laptop computer with reliable wired internet access. Please note, some mobile devices (mobile phones, tablets, iPads, Chromebooks, etc.) are not compatible with the live webinar platform.
Click here to view the minimum system requirements to access and complete the training components delivered through the online learning management system.
No homework is required. As part of the online training modules, you will be provided with additional online resources which you can access as needed. These are supplemental resources that you may find beneficial, but they are not required for course completion.