4.5 CE Credits (details below)
EFT is a mind-body-spirit self-care approach which involves tapping on acupuncture points while repeating emotionally-charged statements that relate to specific health issues, often referred to as acupressure for the emotions. It is an evidence-based method that has been shown in several dozen randomized controlled trials to be effective for a variety of conditions including anxiety, weight loss and food cravings, depression, PTSD, phobias, pain, and other physical symptoms. As a form of energy psychology, EFT addresses the root energetic imbalances that result from trauma and other emotional stressors.
The workshop will explore EFT as an evidence-based approach to addressing the physical symptoms of grief, food cravings, physical illnesses, chronic pain, and autoimmune diseases.
Practitioners will learn:
– EFT focusing on grief related to the loss of loved ones, pets, jobs, and relationships, and associated physical symptoms such as sinusitis, postnasal drip, and lung disease
– EFT for weight loss addressing food cravings, emotional origins of weight gain, and barriers to achieving weight loss goals with principles applicable to other forms of addiction
– EFT for chronic pain syndromes including frozen shoulder and neck and back pain
– EFT for symbolic physical illnesses including autoimmune such as MS, ALS, interstitial cystitis, and chronic urticaria and frozen shoulder using somatic metaphors for healing
– Guided and independent practice of EFT techniques for work with patients/clients
Registration Now Open!
Early Registration Deadline: April 15, 2024
Last Day to Register: May 15, 2024
Larry Burk, MD, CEHP
Dr. Burk is co-founder of Duke Integrative Medicine and former Associate Professor of Radiology at Duke University Medical Center. Practicing acupuncture, hypnosis and EFT in a variety of Duke clinics from 1998 to 2004, now a Let Magic Happen dream tapping coach at Healing Imager, LLC. He became a Certified Energy Health Practitioner in 2010 and published “Single session EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) for stress-related symptoms after motor vehicle accidents.” His book Let Magic Happen: Adventures in Healing with a Holistic Radiologist was published in 2012. His second book Dreams that Can Save Your Life: Early Warning Signs of Cancer and Other Illnesses was an Amazon best-seller in 2018.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations or who have questions about physical access should contact us in advance of the program.
Title: EFT TAPPING FOR PROFESSIONALS
Format: Live Activity
Credit Type: AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s), ANCC, Attendance, IACET CEU, JA-Credit-AH
Activity ID: LA_JA20240518 EFT TAPPING FOR PROFESSIONALS
In support of improving patient care, Duke University Health System Clinical Education and Professional Development is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), to provide continuing education for the health care team. The designation was based upon the quality of the educational activity and its compliance with the standards and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
For more information about