What course content will be covered?
The course includes instructor-led training with skills practice and online learning components (E-Learnings and Video Demonstrations) to enhance the course curriculum. The course provides extensive training in the core competencies required of Health & Well-Being Coaches. The curriculum will cover the following topics:
- The role of Health Coaching in the transformation of healthcare.
- Research on the efficacy of Integrative Health Coaching.
- Patient-Centered Care, the Wheel of Health (WOH), and Personalized Health Planning as they relate to Health & Well-Being Coach Training.
- The change process including the review of key concepts of the neuroscience of change and existing behavior change models and theories.
- How to effectively utilize coaching skills such as other-focused listening, reflections, inquiry and summary to assist clients in articulating their desired behavior changes, health vision and goals.
- How to effectively utilize the Duke Health & Well-Being Coach Process Model to assist clients in establishing their optimal health vision and values, exploring their readiness to make behavior changes, setting goals and action steps, and assessing progress over time.
- Components of an effective partnership between client and coach.
- Mindful awareness and its role in enhancing the application of coaching skills, process, and partnership.
- The global structure of a coaching series that occurs over time, as well as the structure and objectives of each session within a coaching series.
- Advantages and challenges of group coaching, and the integration of coaching elements with group facilitation skills.
- Ethical considerations for the coaching profession.
- Healthy Living E-Learning Curriculum: Designed to provide coaches with a well-rounded review of healthy living to enhance their knowledge base for coaching